How to dust a ceiling fan


After a long summer of hot weather and ceiling fans running non-stop, I was horrified when I finally gave them a rest last week. The amount of dust that had accumulated over the summer was embarrassing. I can't believe that dust bunnies hadn't begun to spontaneously fly around the room.

Time to get them clean!

For the first time this was a chore I didn't dread. The reason was, I have a new trick for dusting ceiling fans. I used an old pillowcase. I got it damp, wrung it out really well, and covered and wiped one blade at a time with the case.

All of the yucky dirt was trapped inside the pillow case and wasn't falling off in chunks in my face or landing on my white couch below. It worked like a charm and I had the fans cleaned in only a few minutes.

Photobucket