Birthday Strawberry Shortcake


Every year around my birthday (which was last week) I make a special gift for myself. I make myself my version of Strawberry Shortcake. I love this dessert with all my heart. It is so simple and so fantastic. Obviously I like it, it is my number one choice for my birthday. Yes, I get other desserts, most years my husband makes sure I have a cake, but I still insist on making this for myself. The thing that makes this so fantastic is the delicious white stuff it is topped with. My college roommate taught me about this concoction and now I can't live without it.

Strawberry Shortcake
1 store bought Angel Food Cake
Fresh Strawberries sliced and sweetened
1 8 ounce block of cream cheese
1 8 ounce container of cool whip
2 cups powdered sugar

Mix cream cheese, cool whip and powdered sugar in a medium mixing bowl. Blend with a hand mixer until smooth. Top a piece of Angel Food Cake with strawberries and a dollop of white mixture. Enjoy!

This is good enough to be a company dessert and simple enough to indulge in all alone. Every year this Strawberry Shortcake makes my birthday complete and it is the best gift I give to myself.

Photobucket