Favorite Things Friday- Veggie Peeler

I. don't normally pay a bit of attention to name brands. Usually, if it isn't on my Wal-Mart shelf, I don't even know about it. I tend to steer toward the cheapest price and sometimes skimp on quality in the process. But there are a few key things that experience has taught me are a priority and I am willing to spend a little more. Sometimes, I accidentally cross paths with an item of superior quality and then it is like angels singing in my ear and I can't live without them. That's what happened about 15 years ago when I first used a Pampered Chef Veggie Peeler. I fell in love!
Even though I was not yet married and still lived in an apartment full of roommates, I bought myself one of those peelers. I hid it from my roommates and pulled it out only when I was in the kitchen cooking. I have had that very same peeler all this time. It has not rusted or dulled one bit in almost 15 years. I love it as much now as I did when I first splurged on it. My peeler has seen me through pounds and pounds of carrots and potatoes and on occasion a cucumber or two.

Now, the irony of this is that when I went to write this post I visited the Pampered Chef web site to borrow a photo of their peeler and it was only then that I realized that these fantastic peelers aren't expensive at all! In fact, you can buy a new one for $6.50. That is a bargain! With the added cost appeal, the Pampered Chef Vegetable Peeler qualifies as a Favorite Thing, now even more than I previously believed. 

Photobucket