10 Minute Meal


My fabulous college roommate (who is really exactly like family) taught me this recipe. My roomie had grown up with her mom, who by the way is a genius mother of 4, making these. This is not a culinary delectability, but it is a kid pleaser and it is as easy as any meal could ever be. My children gobble these up with the same enthusiasm that they would eat a McDonald's kid's meal. I like that I can get home from a long busy day and have these on the table in less than 10 minutes, it was a meal sent from heaven during the hectic years that I was a working mom.

Flying Saucer Recipe (for one)
1 piece of bologne
1/4 cup of mashed potatoes (instant or leftover)
grated cheddar cheese

Layer the three ingredients and cook in an ungreased fry pan or on an electric griddle over medium low heat until bottom is toasty brown and cheese is melted.

Because this is obviously not the healthiest meal I have ever made my family, I like to combine it with nutritionally sound side dishes... like carrots and unsweetened applesauce.

Photobucket