DIY Over-Sized Ottoman


I desperately wanted an over-sized ottoman for our living room, but because I didn't want to pay for one it required getting creative.

I found this large, square coffee table at a thrift store. It was in very rough condition, but that was alright by me. It only cost me $5. I brought it home and painted the bottom of it white, everything but the table top. I then covered the top of it with two layers of foam egg crate mattress padding. Over the top of the egg crate I placed a cotton material that I was fond of. I secured the cotton under the bottom edge of the table top using a staple gun, pulling it tightly as I went.

Because we use this as an ottoman, I sprayed the entire thing with two coats of Scotchguard. The entire project cost less than $15. That is one excellent deal for an ottoman, especially one that is so cute and functional.
Photobucket
HookingupwithHoH