We All Scream For Birthdays


It's another birthday party theme! This time it was all about ice cream. The request was simple, "I want an ice cream birthday." My husband and I came up with this decor that put ice cream all over the room and had the distinct feel of an ice cream parlor.

We made giant ice cream cones using recycled brown paper bags that were shaped into a cone shape and taped an inflated pink balloon into the top. We also made small cones to stick on the walls. For the small cones we used a poke-a-dot brown wrapping paper from the dollar store and round wall decals for the ice cream portion.

Table decorations were simple, I bought a couple of sundae glasses at the dollar store and filled them with Baskin Robins ice cream flavored hard candies.

And last but not least, I made ice cream cone cup cakes. These were so easy to make. I have seen several variations, but I chose to make them by filling a standard muffin tin with my cake batter and then gently putting the cones on the top and cooking as normal. The rising batter filled the cones so that they stuck on well and then when inverted the cupcakes in the cones made a nice round shape.

Simple and fun, just the way we like birthday parties!

Photobucket